The AFP Re-Writer is part of the AFP Tool kit which allows for modification of an existing AFP Data stream, or multiple individual Data streams.
Often times an existing datastream need portions removed, or replaced in order to accommodate a color logo for online viewing, or a black and white version for printing.
Individual files need to be streamed in one large stream, while maintaining the resource groups to allow individual files to print in a large batch stream.
Why the Timitoo AFP Re-Writer?
1.) User Interface
The Re-writer has access to the full set of text on the document page. This allows powerful statements and conditions based on the textual content of the page (i.e. find “Page 1” on the document) to rapidly locate relevant information in the document, such as the address, account numbers etc.
These can be placed in index (TLE) records or written to eternal data files for further processing, or as basis for address cleansing or similar.
Other Major Benefits
- TransPromotional Marketing messages
- Digital Inserts
- Pre-printed stock replication
- Black and white to Color migration
- QR Codes
- Update and ad finishing Controls
- Address cleansing and sorting
- Intelligent Mail Barcode
- N-up output for reduced mail piece weight
- Segment output
- Add, replace or update barcodes
- Optimize output for finishers, inserters and printers
- Support ADF (Automated Document Factory)
- Job and piece level tracking
- Support SLA monitoring systems
- Support Compliance initiatives
- Automate manual tasks
- Change print data without host applications coding
- Gain new business by supporting customer requirements
Features & Functionality
- Create files containing content descriptions and stats about the documents which support 3rd party archive systems and processes with accounting and tracking data
- Assemble multiple PDF files that are listed in a CSV file, gather info from the fields and concatenate the PDF files into one output file
- Concatenate individual AFP files into one large data stream for printing
- Replace or Add Logos, forms, transpromo messages, watermarks
- Commingle reports across different document types by concatenating/sorting into larger sets of output to max zip code saturation increasing postal discounts
- Bring individual files into a new output sort order for optimized printing and postal discounts
- 2-Up/N-Up – adjusts the layout of the output data so it is formatted in “N-up” fashion, where logical multiple sheets are arranged to print on one larger physical sheet
- Address Cleansing and Sorting
- Finishing Commands based on page numbers or indexed page content
- Merge similar file info together in the processed output
- Segment/Split – separate and name reports logically based on content enabling routing to the most logical output device
- Replace color and black & white images
- Remove and/or replace NOP Records
- Remove and/or replace TLE Records
- Remove Pages
- Add Pages Dynamically based on content (example T&C’s)
- Exchange FormDefs (Duplex / Simplex / N-Up)
- Change / Remove Barcodes including standard conditional 1 D and 2D, Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMB), OMR marks, and sequence numbers
|IN / OUT||Compression IN||FS10||FS10||FS10|
|Compression OUT ->||v||(No Compress)||(G4 MMR)||(IBM MMR)|
|PNG||(All allowed combinations of
colour type and bit depth;
|TIFF||(TIFF Revision 6.0)||X||X||X|
|IOCA.FS4x||(JPEG / RGB)||X||X||X|
|IOCA.FS4x||(JPEG / CMYK Adobe Style)||X||X||X|
|IOCA.FS4x||(JPEG / CMYK 4 Bands)||X||X||X|
The full and unlimited version of this tool allows to manipulate an AFP data stream according to rules provided. There is a wide range of rules, that allow to modify the data stream, including resorting, bundling and modifying the stream.
The AFP Re-Writer runs on the following 64-bit Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 & up
- Redhat Linux
- Suse Linux
- AIX 7.1
- Z/Linux (on request)
All Timitoo software is 64 bit.
For purchase information contact email@example.com